SIMS Online Services
An email will be sent inviting you to become a SIMS Parent App user. You will receive a registration email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing a unique invitation code. If you have not yet received a registration email, please check your SPAM or JUNK folder. You don’t need to make a copy of the code as it will be entered for you.
Setting up an account for SIMS Online Services
You will need to create an account using SIMS ID that you can use every time you sign in to a SIMS Online Service. Once you have created your account, you can use it for other SIMS Online Services you are invited to by the school, although you will still need to complete the registration for the new service. Parents can see all their children at the school using this account. School staff can see all their SIMS Online Services using this account.
In this document, you will be guided through these steps:
This examples uses SIMS Parent, but it is the same process for other SIMS Online Services.
NOTE: Parents who have more than one child at a school using SIMS Online Services will only have to register once at that school. Once registered, all pupil/students at that school will be visible. Parents who have children at different schools that also use SIMS Online Services will need to register for each school and will only ever be able to view one school at a time.
How to create an account using SIMS ID?
1. To avoid accidentally registering with the wrong account (especially if you are working on a shared computer), sign out of all accounts or use a private browser window.
2. Click the Accept Invitation button in the invitation email from email@example.com. If you cannot find this email, please check your SPAM/Junk folder before contacting your school.
3. The Activate Your Account screen is displayed. The Invitation Code field is already filled with the unique code from your email. Enter your email address as Username and click the Next button.
4. At the Account Registration screen, answer the security question and click the Next button.
This is for security purposes only. This information will not be used in the SIMS Online Services system.
5. At the Create a Strong Password screen, create a password for the new account you are creating and click the Next button.
At least one capital letter
At least one number
At least one special character
At least 8 characters
6. Once your account has been registered, you need to validate it. Check your email for an email from SIMSID Registration.
Accessing the System
SIMS Parent system can be accessed directly on a web browser or via a mobile app.