Pay and Performance Committee
The Performance and Pay Committee will comprise of the Chair of the Trustees Board plus 2 other Trustees.
The Performance and Pay Committee is responsible for:
- Performance and pay review of the CEO
- taking decisions regarding the pay of the Principals, Academy Effectiveness Team and Executive team following consideration of the recommendations and advice of the CEO;
- submitting reports of these decisions to the Board of Trustees
- reviewing the outcomes and impact of this policy on an annual basis.
- approving the policy on an annual basis
- providing evidence of the operation of the pay policy, recording of pay decisions taken and equality impact to union representatives upon request.
The CEO is responsible for:
- ensuring that pay recommendations for the Principals, Academy Effectiveness Team and Executive team are made and submitted to the performance and pay committee.
- advising the performance and pay committee on its decisions; and
- ensuring that staff are informed of the outcome of decisions of the performance and pay committee and of the right of appeal.
The Trustees are responsible for:
- Reviewing performance results across the Trust with the CEO
The Local Academy Board (in each Academy) are responsible for:
- Supporting and challenging the Principal in relation to the performance management of all staff.
- Contributing to pay and bonus review processes for teachers when invited by the Principal
The Principals are responsible for:
- Implementing the performance management programmes for all staff in the Academy and reporting to the Local Academy Board to ensure they can contribute to the pay and bonus review process.
- Ensuring that pay recommendations for their staff are made and submitted to the Local Academy Board (or a committee of 3 minimum)
- Ensuring that staff are informed of the outcome of decisions of the pay review and of the right of appeal.
The Appeals Committee of the Trustees is responsible for:
- taking decisions on appeals against the decisions of the performance and pay committee and Principals/Local Academy Boards in accordance with the terms of the appeals procedure of the policy