Our Vision, Ethos and Values
Moor End are partners in the highly regarded South Pennine Academies family and firmly believe in educating young people to be successful through strong leadership, high performing staff and through engaging communities. Our vision is to become a world class centre of educational excellence; a school that provides the very best learning experiences as well as fostering a culture of aspiration, so that every student makes good progress and reaches their full potential regardless of their starting points. We passionately believe that, as educators, we have the power and responsibility to inspire our students to be the best they can be - to enable our learners to pursue their dreams and become the leaders of tomorrow.
Moor End is a truly inclusive school that welcomes students of all abilities. Our aim is to create a safe, stimulating, ambitious and caring environment to enable our students to thrive and achieve excellence; to make certain our future generation have the self-confidence to use their talents and skills to become the leaders of tomorrow.
At Moor End our dedicated, enthusiastic and deeply committed staff, Governors and partners are ambitious for our students as we wholeheartedly believe that education should be challenging, interesting and enjoyable, and should develop the increasing wide range of skills and abilities that young people need for their future whether it be further education or employment.
We are committed to:
- Providing a safe, caring and stimulating learning environment that is at the heart of the local community
- Developing successful, resilient and ambitious students who contribute fully to the Academy and the wider community
- Inspiring confident young people with an aspirational attitude to ‘be the best and to become the leaders of tomorrow’.
- Celebrating the principles of high achievement, respect and the inclusion of all students
- Providing a broad and balanced curriculum to prepare students to participate in a fast challenging and demanding world
Our core values
We insist on high standards of behaviour, appearance, work ethic and respect for all to enable our staff to teach our students well so they learn to the best of their ability and leave the Academy with a first-class education.
Central to our ethos is the promotion of our ‘everyday’ 3 Core Values: Respect, Ambition and Responsibility, which underpin everything we do on a daily basis.
- We are well behaved and considerate to all staff and students in our learning community.
- We are hardworking and have an ambitious attitude to succeed and achieve.
- We take ownership and act with integrity; we always do the right thing.