Key stage 3/4 Guided option - November 2022 Selection July 2025 Completion
During the autumn term the majority of Year 9 students have been researching more about the subjects that are on offer as part of the Year 9 option selection.
Please note the following:
- Students will continue with studying their chosen qualification through the rest of Year 9, Year 10 and Year 11. They will be required to take the examinations and complete necessary coursework during Year 10 and 11, in order to leave the academy with certification for the qualification.
- We will run five or six groups depending on interest and numbers
- Whilst the majority of students will get their first choice, a small number may not and therefore we have requested students to select a preference of first, second and third choice.
- Students will be handed a form to complete along with a letter on the 4th November 2022. The form must be completed and returned by Friday 11th November 2022. Any change requests after the form is handed in must be detailed in the students planner with parent/carer signature before being approved.
- Once students have started the course selected students will not be able to change option groups and so need to think carefully about their choice.
- The first lessons of the new courses will be on Friday 18th November 2022.
- In year 9 this option will be one lesson a week but will increase in key stage 4.