Moor End Academy seeks to cultivate a happy, harmonious and caring community that fosters a culture of learning where success is celebrated. The core purpose of our academy is to ensure that we enable every young person to achieve their identified potential, and then more.
Potential is a multi-faceted and often hidden thing, and in recognising this we express our belief in the inherent ability of every young person to do better than they have previously, to do better than they believe, to do better than others believe, and to simply achieve whatever their talents, hidden or otherwise, equips them to do. Our aim is to deliver the best possible opportunities for our students; with passion and conviction.
Vision in practice
- A school that is a happy, safe and vibrant place where everyone is encouraged to achieve their goals and a climate of recognition and respect is threaded through the ethos of the academy
- A school that has an open door to its community for activities, partnerships, lifelong learning and mutual supportFamilies who are completely engaged with their child’s education and who are enabled to be so through the openness and support of the school
- Families who are completely engaged with their child’s education and who are enabled to be so through the openness and support of the school
- A community who celebrate our school as a beacon in the Crosland Moor area and beyond for education in its widest senseA school that promotes a healthy lifestyle which embraces physical, mental and emotional wellbeing amongst all
- A school that promotes a healthy lifestyle which embraces physical, mental and emotional wellbeing amongst all
- A school that creates a culture of belonging and instils a climate around looking after one another
- A school that develops courageous, strong and characterful young people which enables them to advance into polite and well-rounded individuals
- A school that delivers a challenging curriculum that meets the needs of students from 11-16 across all ability ranges with sufficient flexibility to accommodate changing needs
- A truly inclusive school – needs are identified and responded to in a flexible and timely fashion
- A school site that is smart and supports teaching, learning, student enjoyment where students take pride in their surroundings
- A school which has inspiring, challenging and exceptionally high quality teaching where every lesson counts and expectations are secure
- Both teaching and associate staff who are totally committed to the needs of our young people and develop systems to ensure success is maximised
Kim Walton, Abdullah Sardar, Isobel Boothroyd.